Tuesday 26 January 2010

I've been a bit lax at updating this recently, but I have a good excuse. Well actually I have four good excuses :-

1) Work. Lots of stuff going on that I can't talk about. Could be significant (you can take whatever implication you wish from that)
2) Tax return. I seriously dislike doing self-assessment every year. It's like doing a simple test with your gonads wired up to a car battery. It should be easy, but the thought of getting a wrong answer is enough to keep you on edge.
3) My girlfriend is moving in in just over two weeks (more on that in a later post)
4) It's cold, and therefore I'm mainly hibernating (as a good squirrel should)

All of the above has made my spare time as minimal as possible.

Talking of drinking (well, you were probably thinking of drinking), I may have made a slight miscalculation in my year of abstinence.

I forgot the World Cup.

I know! The world's biggest and most watched sports event and I totally forgot it. Of course, the last time I did a year off it was 2008 and although the European Championships were on England hadn't qualified - so it wasn't really missed. Plus drinking in the odd years means that I can drink during the Ashes tests.

It's a dilemma.

So I've come up with a solution that keeps my intake down by 50% but still allows me to enjoy those moments when having a few beers actually adds to the occasion - I'm going to do six months on and six months off. The clever part is that I'm going to do it from near the end of March (just in time for my birthday) until near the end of September, and then take winter off. A friend reckons I should extend the logic until I only drink in the first half of every hour, but come 9pm and I'd definitely forget (probably what day it is too).

So summer drinking it is, without destroying what's left of my liver :)

6 comments:

Respectfully Yours said...

I am with you on the laziness on posting. I have been pulling old posts forward, bad bloggers, bad bloggers. Oh well, we will be inspired again...

Rachel Noy said...

Oh wow, grats on your girly moving in!

Secret work eh? CONSPIRACY.

Anonymous said...

Yay for Mrs. Little Squirrel moving in!!!

I know what you're up to across the pond Little One...

You've worked out a secret formula for nuts that - when consumed whilst drinking - make alcohol completely undetectable...

You sly fox...
=]

遭高 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elle said...

Congrats on Mrs RS moving in! :)

Red Squirrel said...

Respectfully Yours - I always find it goes in cycles. When I'm really busy then other things take over...

Rachel - a *major* conspiracy :)

Sweet Cheeks - shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;-)

Elle - thanks! We hope it's all worth it :)