Sunday 16 May 2010

I feel like god just shat in my head...

After a quiet start to the beginning of the year, a combination of a hectic period of work and a thrilling but emotionally draining climax to the football season (for a Spurs fan anyway) has resulted in me having a few drinks recently; culminating in an Alabama 3 gig in Bristol last night.

Great gig. Great night. Great company. With just the one slight problem.

My hangover right now.

Time for a short break from the beers methinks. Well, at least none tonight anyway.

Talking of Spurs - much to my surprise we held our nerve to finish fourth and have a qualifier in August for entry to the Champion's League (and more importantly a possible £30m of extra cash to help take the team up a level). It's been a strange season - landmark victories against the hated Arsenal, double-winners Chelsea and Liverpool were interspersed with losing home and away to newly-promoted Wolves and losing at home to Stoke. It's also been a nerve-wracking last few months with the team having to win ten of their last twelve games to clinch the final qualifying spot from a Manchester City team that's spent over £200m on players in the last year or so.

Even if you don't like football, I'd urge you to watch the following amazing video as it captures some fantastic moments of last season - Danny Rose's 30-yard volley against Arsenal in his first ever game, Niko Kranjcar's goals against Stoke and Man City, Huddlestone's missile against Bolton into the top corner (right in front of Mrs RS and I!), Benny's first ever goal against Liverpool in the opening match of the season - I could go on, or you could just watch it :)



4 comments:

Irish Gumbo said...

I'm an Arsenal man, myself...but I have to say, that was some top drawer stuff!

Madame DeFarge said...

I suspect that the finer nuances of football are lost on me. But I like a fine pair of thighs.

Anonymous said...

I can't help it...When I watch this stuff I hear end up yelling, "Go Go Go! WooHoo!"

=]
xoxoxo

Red Squirrel said...

IG - that's very gracious of you, noy sure I'd say the same of an Arsenal compilation ;-)

Madame DeFarge - sounds like you've got the finer nuances spot on to me...

Sweet Cheeks - I may have yelled something similar, but less american :)