Thursday 27 August 2015

I'm flagging....

I'm totally knackered for sure - partying too much and working mentally hard on projects - but that's not what this post is about.

You may or may not have heard that NZ is having a referendum on changing it's flag. In fact that's not true, it's having referenda. Although rather than ask if they wish to change the flag and *then* have a choice it's doing it the other way round.

Which is completely mental.

However I'm now a resident so I can vote to keep the old one, just to annoy those that want a change. Woop.

They had over 10,000 submissions from the public and narrowed it down to 40 almost identical designs (which you can see here). Ferns, waves and the same colours. blah.

Sadly they didn't take my favourite design, which I like so much I've put it on the spare tyre cover on my car:


How can you not love a kiwi with laser eyes?

It's a foregone conclusion that they'll keep the old design and spend $26m finding this out. Just goes to show you can run away as far as you like and you'll still find the same old government bullshit.

No comments: