Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Musings...

I've had a bit of a think about what to jot down here today (because I don't want this blog to turn into a whinge-fest - sure, things haven't been great recently but I'd like to get back to my normal service of not-very-subtly mocking the world and slowly drowning in an ocean of cynicism).

I came up with nothing. Sorry.

So instead, here are five things that vaguely wandered through my head - hands in pockets - and idly kicked their heels for a few minutes today.

  • If your company facebook page had 70 fans, and your company youtube channel had less than a hundred subscribers - how confident would you feel for the future when you know the company brand, development budget, marketing resource and roughly 50% of the board time was being invested in building an iPhone app that will be downloaded by about ten people?
  • If everyone did their job to the same level that you do yours, would the world be a better place or a worse place? In my case I think the world would be awesome on the few occasions that anyone got out of bed. Oh, and I'd invest in shares in the Coca Cola company.
  • People who don't eat spicy food should not cook curries for those that do like spicy food. And on that note - a Chicken Madras should not contain cubed potato.
  • I walked behind two young chaps this evening, possibly students - they looked idle and smug - and listened to the following 'conversation'

Idle Bugger 1: "Nydoyuallabootateyo?" (Well that's what it sounded like and it was definitely English to start with)

Idle Bugger 2: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

Idle Bugger 1: "Nydoyuallabootateyo???"

Idle Bugger 2: "Whaaaat?"

Idle Bugger 1: "Nydoyuallabootateyo?????"

Idle Bugger 2: "Whaaaaaaaaat?"

Idle Bugger 1: "Nydoyuallabootateyo?!?!?!?!?"

Idle Bugger 2: "Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"

I turned for home before I discovered the outcome to this riveting exchange....


  • Oh, and forget Chopper Harris - who would have thought that the best/worst football violence would come from a 'lady'?

4 comments:

Kevin Musgrove said...

Utterly brilliant link there, Squirrel.

The world's not such a bad place after all, now that somebody's channelling the spirit of Billy Bremner.

Rachel Noy said...

Whoa... That's deep.

The Vegetable Assassin said...

If everyone did their job at the same level I did they'd do it frantically at 3am while drinking Corona and mutterning to themselves. :)

Red Squirrel said...

Kevin - takes me right back to Leeds in their pomp :)

Rachel - which bit? Or are you being sarcastic young lady? :-P

Veggie - your world sounds great. When can we move in?