Saturday 11 July 2009

Redux

I love the Avenue near where Mrs. RS lives - it's 99 cent store heaven! :)

And here's my new favourite:



Can you see it? Can you?

Probably not, so here's the sign in the left hand window:


Every item is 99 cents or less!

But what's that in the right hand window?


Every item is 99 cents and up!

Errrr, what?!?

My brain hurts now. The only way to explain that tautology is that everything is exactly 99 cents. Except that nothing in that store is.

Like I said, I love that Avenue....

4 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

They should make it a dollar, who wants 1 cent change?

Kevin Musgrove said...

I do like signs like that. Well spotted.

Rachel Noy said...

Lmao! That is AMAZING.

Red Squirrel said...

gb - plus it would save them money on neon signs as that's only 2 characters.

Kevin - I must have walked past it a hundred times and I'd never noticed it. I did draw some strange glances from passers-by as I took a picture though....

Rachel - New York is an amazing place :)