Thank you all for the b'day wishes :)
I actually went to work today as well. I think this officially qualifies me for god-like status amongst the mere mortals of my workplace.
Anyway, fings wat I lurnt this weekend:
- Children, and especially teenagers, require a mute switch
- Gaudi really was a bugalugs nutjob, though the world would be a poorer place without him
- Camp Nou is shabby, and I'd frankly rather get changed in a train toilet than the Visitor's Changing Room
- Teenagers in big groups are a problem only solved with a hand grenade
- My subconscious reaction on losing my footing on an uneven wet pavement is to exclaim 'Oh, my word!' - proving that I am most definitely both English, and a child of the the 1860s
- A siesta is a deeply civilised invention
- Chillies, shallow fried and coated with salt, beat a bag of peanuts when it comes to bar snacks
- Tapas rules
- More pubs in the centre of Barcelona were showing the England match than the Spain game, despite the English one being a friendly
- Google are (apparently) an evil corporation intent on taking over the world and stealing your thoughts
- I would quite like to own a ferret, provided I can take it for walks on a leash
- The inventor of the device that makes you talk like Donald Duck on crack deserves a painful, horrible death
- A man gently playing a small kettle drum is not a 'man playing a wok' (could've fooled me on that one)
- Walking along the street with your mobile loudly distorting music on loudspeaker is normal behaviour for a certain section of society I call 'shits'
- The Spanish will eat anything with eyes
Pics tomorrow - including the recipe for happiness, the happiest looking cat, and a big wall.